Core subjects: English, Maths, Literature, Science (Biology, Physical Science), Social Studies (History, Geography), Word Building and Etymology, Information Technology (IT), Biblical Survey, French.
General, Intermediate or Advanced High School Certificates comprise a selection of additional elective subjects: General Business, Business or College Math, Accounting, Economics, Health, Nutrition Science, Physics, Speech, Advanced Art, Music, Auto Mechanics among others.
All graduates receive a comprehensive Record of Achievement which contains a performance history of the students entire school career.
Morning Star School uses a groundbreaking curriculum known as Accelerated Christian Education, or more informally, ACE.
Students at Morning Star are registered with the International Certificate of Christian Education (ICCE) which is the UK-based certification board serving ACE schools worldwide.
The ACE curriculum is regularly revised and updated by the ICCE and other governing bodies around the world.
A recent benchmarking study by UK – NARIC has confirmed that the International Certificate of Christian Education, General and Advanced certificates, are considered comparable to the overall Cambridge International ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level standards respectively.
At Morning Star School we use the ACE curriculum to prepare our students for the Cambridge O-Level examinations. Since 2014 we have achieved a 100% pass rate in the annual SC exams.
Benefits of the ACE Learning System:
1 – Individually Paced
- Students work at their own pace and personal level of learning. The curriculum allows for individual learning speed enabling students to work towards a personal level of achievement.
- Students do not need to wait for others to grasp a concept in order to proceed.
- Sufficient time is allowed for a student to work through concepts he may have difficulty understanding.
- There is no discrimination between different learning abilities, which inspires the student to achieve his personal learning potential.
2 – Personal Attention
- Each Learning Centre, which is made up of no more than 18 students, has 2 members of staff; a supervisor and a monitor.
- Teacher : learner ratio of 1 : 9, so every child receives the individual attention they require.
- Each child is able to obtain their personal best through the individualised guidance and instruction offered by the members of staff.
3 – Goal Setting
- Every morning daily goals are set by the student himself. These goals are to be completed by the end of the day.
- Work is marked at each stage by the student before continuing.
- Each successful step is rewarded.
- Goal setting instills self-confidence and teaches responsibility and accountability for work.
- Establishes a life-long appreciation for goal setting and achievement.
4 – Mastery Learning
- Students become autonomous in their studies.
- Constant assessment in each module ensures excellent comprehension of all subjects.
- A student can only progress to the next module once the current module has been mastered.
- Reinforces honest achievement that results in successful progress.